Safety (Roadworthy) Certificates
Queensland law requires that you obtain and display a safety certificate (previously called ‘roadworthy certificate’) for any vehicle you are selling from the moment it goes on the market. Southern District Auto Centre is an approved inspection station for safety certificates and we are conveniently located in Browns Plains near Brisbane.
Why Choose Us?
- As a Repco Authorised mechanic we can offer you the following advantages;
- Minimal delays sourcing parts
- Up to date mechanical knowledge through ongoing training and service bulletins
- The peace of mind that comes from being backed by a national brand as well as the ‘Repco Nationwide Warranty’
- As an independently owned business you also benefit from;
- Most of your dollars stay in the local economy as we are locally owned and operated
- Personalised service – we take our reputation very seriously
Safety certificates are an important step for keeping ourselves, friends, family, wider community and cars safe. If you are discovered offering a car for sale without a valid safety certificate (they are valid for 3 months from issue) you can receive an on-the-spot fine of $550. If you are in the market for a car make sure you always check to make sure that vehicles you are looking at have had a safety inspection and therefore have a valid safety certificate.
More information about the QLD laws: http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/registration/buying-or-selling-a-used-vehicle/safety-certificates.aspx
Contact Us Today for a Quote!
All Work & Parts Guaranteed!